Our Vision Statement
Informed, Literate, and Engaged Communities
Our Mission Statement
To Inform, Educate, Inspire, and Entertain
Our Guiding Principles
Responsiveness - We are proactive in identifying the needs and responding to the changing look of our communities.
Accessibility and Capacity - We eliminate barriers so that all community members may have full access to library resources.
Communication - We connect with our diverse community in creative and proactive ways to let them know how the library can enrich and improve their lives.
Inclusiveness - We respect and celebrate the diversity of the communities we serve.
Teamwork & Collaboration - We partner with community, government, business, and cultural groups to strengthen and enrich our communities.
Our Values Statement
San Diego County Library is a community of practice. We bring staff and customers together in dedication to values that promote literacy, lifelong learning and social capital.
@ SDCL we are dedicated to the highest ethical standards.
- We sustain and expand the public's trust through the respectful treatment of all employees and residents we serve.
- We employ fairness in a 'community of practice' that models a supportive and inclusive workplace and workforce for all staff and the public.
- We preserve the right of intellectual freedom by providing unrestricted access to information, public education and the world of ideas.
@ SDCL we will ensure responsible stewardship of the library and County resources herein.
- We are accountable to each other and the public for quality customer service while adding value to our community in this institution.
- We accept personal responsibility for our conduct and obligations, and we demonstrate that through our daily actions, operations and productivity.
@ SDCL we are committed to excellence in all that we do.
- We remain flexible and innovative, nurturing an institution that proactively serves the changing needs of our community.
- We are a 'community of practice' that values approachability and efficiency to make a significant and positive difference in the lives of the residents we serve.