Septic Tank Maintenance Rebate Program at this time is only for residents in the Santa Margarita River and San Luis Rey River Watersheds.
When septic tanks are not maintained properly, they can fail causing waste to back up into homes and yards. Sewage effluent is a health hazard as well as a pollutant in the watershed. Protect your home and your watershed by doing routine maintenance for your septic system.
For a limited time, residents in the Santa Margarita River and San Luis Rey River Watersheds can take advantage of a free training program to learn about septic system maintenance. Qualifying residents may even receive a rebate for having your system inspected and pumped, if needed.
Please do the following items in the following order to start:
- Read the "Septic System Rebate Program Rules"
- Take the Septic System Education and Outreach Questionnaire "Pre-Survey" - (Sept. 2011)
- View the Septic "Tank Rebate Program" presentation
- Take the Septic System Education and Outreach Questionnaire "Post-Survey" - (Sept. 2011)
Septic Tank Licensed Contractors list
Septic Tank Pumper list
Back to Main Watersheds Topics and Activities Home Page
If you have questions or would like additional information,
call the County Stormwater hotline at 1(888) 846-0800
or e-mail us at email@example.com
Report a Stormwater Violation On-Line
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO
Department of Public Works
Watershed Protection Program
5510 Overland Ave., Suite 410, MS O326
San Diego, CA 92123, USA
(858) 495-5318 Fax: (858) 495-5263