Harvesting rainwater helps conserve water and protect our waterways from polluted runoff!
Did You Know?
One inch of rain falling on a 1,000 square foot roof can harvest 600 gallons of rainwater
By implementing a rain barrel system, you can:
- Reduce water pollution as a result of rainwater runoff which carries pesticides, fertilizers, sediment, oil, and trash into local rivers and lakes.
- Reduce soil erosion and improve the ability of water to infiltrate the soil at a reduced intensity.
- Reduce dependency on the municipal water supply and see a cost savings on your water bill.
- Treat your garden, plants, and lawn to clean and free rainwater and help save energy by reducing demand on our drinking water supply!
Forms & Resources:
Rain Barrel Resource document (New 2013)
Rain Barrel Fact Sheet
Rain Barrel & Mosquitoes Fact Sheet (Nov. 2013)
Do-it-yourself: How to Make a Rain Barrel
San Diego County Rain Barrel Retailers (Nov. 2013)
Questions? Contact the Watershed Protection Program for more information at email@example.com
Back to Main Watersheds Topics and Activities Home Page
If you have questions or would like additional information,
call the County Stormwater hotline at 1(888) 846-0800
or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Report a Stormwater Violation On-Line
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO
Department of Public Works
Watershed Protection Program
5510 Overland Ave., Suite 410, MS O326
San Diego, CA 92123, USA
(858) 495-5318 Fax: (858) 495-5263