For complaints related to improper management or illegal disposal of:
Call the Hazardous Materials Complaint Desk: (858) 505-6657.
ILLEGAL DISPOSAL OF HAZARDOUS OR MEDICAL WASTE might be:
- needles or fluid blood, automotive fluids, or chemicals poured onto ground
- or running down street
- or in sewer or storm drain
- or in a dumpster
The problem: Health and safety of the public & environment is at risk (including if volatile fumes build up, explosion in sewers/drains)
ILLEGAL DISPOSAL OF ELECTRONIC WASTE might be:
- Electronics (TVs, computer monitors, batteries, fluorescent lights) in a field or a pile or in a dumpster.
The problem: Health and safety of the public & environment is at risk from toxic heavy metal release.
UNPERMITTED REMOVAL/REPAIR OF UNDERGROUND TANKS might look like:
- Excavation without shoring or safeguards with improper equipment
- Strong smell of fuel or discolored soils
- Removal gone wrong (fire at removal site)
The problem: Health and safety of the ground water