The goal of the San Diego Area Green Business Project is to encourage "green" practices among businesses in the region by offering tools to implement more efficient and sustainable business operations.
Why Be Green?
- Reduces waste and utility costs
- Improves systems and equipment performance
- Attracts environmentally conscious customers
- Provides a safer working environment
What is a Green Business?
A Green Business complies with environmental regulations and takes voluntary steps beyond compliance in the areas of:
- Pollution Prevention
- Energy Conservation
- Water Conservation
- Solid Waste Reduction
Tools & Resources
Assessment checklists are available for the following business sectors:
Watch these Videos to see how to Green your Business
Solid Waste Reduction/Recycling
- Automotive Repair - Kelly Robertson, Pollution Prevention Specialist, Hazardous Materials Division, 858-505-6780
- Food Facilities and Commercial Offices - KariLyn Merlos, REHS, Community Health Division, 858-495-5799