Agriculture, Weights and Measures serves you by
protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here's a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
What's the Buzz?
Are you in or out of the Light Brown Apple Moth (LBAM) quarantine area?
Check the map
Free Oil Recycling for Small Farms
Let's Go Local! Connects Schools with Local Growers
Seller fined for passing off produce as 'pesticide-free'
An exotic killer attacks San Diego County oaks
Help us Contain the Goldspotted oak borer
California Border Inspection Stations...What are they good for?
Designation for Flood Disaster - Information (Deadline July 15, 2013)
AWM Video News Page
Ensure the health and safety of all residents by promoting the sustainability of agriculture and protecting the environment. Protect consumers and ensure a fair marketplace by verifying products are sold by accurate weight, measure and price.
Standards Enforcement (Weights & Measures)
Email Updates Get AWM and other County news and information